Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Take all twelve inches of Snow

I've got an old song stuck in my head and I don't want it there anymore. It's "Informer" by Snow, and I have no idea how it got there. It was stuck in my head in 1993 when it first came out and somehow it's come back.

So I'm posting the video here, hoping that by putting it in your head it will leave mine -- kinda like how the devil goes from Regan to Damien Karras at the end of the Exorcist.



But wait, there's more! I was curious about whatever happened to this guy after '93. Turns out he's maintained a moderately successful career in his native Canada. (Not "Informer-successful," but successful) In fact, here's a "hit" video he did a few years back featuring Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys. This is mesmerizing in a way that Mesmer only wishes he could have been.

Funny? Yes. Bad? Sure, but don't give me any of that "he's so white" nonsense. It's no different than any other R&B/Reggae crap out there today.

Bubbles makes it work.

4 comments:

psaur said...

I remember us in a Cortland bar (The one with warm dimies--City Lights?) trying to mimic Snow's rap, convinced that our incomprehensible, slurred blabbering was every bit as good.

In the second vid, he looks like the tourist guy in the photoshopped WTC pic.

the feeb said...

have you seen trailer park boys? fucking hillarious. not "snow" hillarious, but, you know...

Brian Kunath said...

Trailer Park Boys = great. Saw the movie, want to see all the episodes.

MO'SH said...

Does Snow really exist? Or is he a figment of our imagination?